24 December 2008

The Philosophy of Snow

Dear Slug...

Recently we acquired a LOT of snow in the Pacific Northwest and it got me thinking... How do Slugs get around in a foot of cold white stuff anyway?

~Top Dog

Dear Tog,

That's simple. What should always be done when something is not to one's liking, be it weather, politics, or anything else on this good and verdant Earth?

The Buddhists have a saying meant to bring a person back into balance whether the current events are good or bad: This, too, shall pass.

We slugs (not, by the way, Slugs) believe that saying, but we've added a little of our own: This, too, shall pass; until it does, take a nap.

The philosophy has served me well all of the years of my life. I highly recommend it. In winter, I recommend that the nap be taken underground, deep enough down that the cold cannot reach.

I have to be hones, though; even with all the napping, I'm starting to get awfully hungry.

Slughugs,
~A nameless slug in the Pacific Northwest

No comments: